To love yourself is to change your mindset about yourself. To change your behavior and habits towards yourself. If you don’t feel great about yourself or speak of yourself then you are in the right place.
I wrote this article in the spirit of my new course called I Am Love. Loving yourself should be a natural thing for everyone to do. However, if you are a people pleaser and over-giver like I use to be then it didn’t come too natural to you.
I was having a conversation with my love last night about this very topic. I started to really love myself and care for myself after my deep depression. Now, when people come at me with very negative or selfish energy I remove myself.
I learned a few things from my depression that is very key when having to make hard decisions.
- I take full responsibility for myself and my life.
- Sometimes you have to allow endings to come for something better to come along.
- I am responsible for my true happiness.
- When I set boundaries with myself and others it is my responsibility to uphold them.
Now, I care too much about my sanity, my health, my mindset, and my energy to allow anyone to take that from me. I finally figured out how to balance pleasing and giving to my loved one without taking from myself.
You can do the same thing!
It’s easy to look for love outside of yourself. However, I promise you that you will still feel that you lack love. Especially, if people who you love disappoint you or hurt you and then you feel like your life will come to an end.
When you are depressed you want the pain and hurt to go away quickly because you are comfortable with the feeling of lack. I am here to reassure you that you do not lack due to someone or something. You show and give love because you are in love.
Here are 16 things you can do right now to make yourself feel good:
- Build Confidence
- Stop caring what other’s think of you
- Journal: write down your thoughts and feelings
- Learn to say no when you mean no
- Respect yourself and your values
- Learn to love yourself for all that you are; the good and the bad
- Tap into your power
- Meditate and quiet your mind
- Spend some alone time with yourself
- Stop comparing yourself to other people
- Eat healthy foods
- Exercise / Yoga
- Treat yourself every now and then
- Spoil yourself with therapeutic remedies
- Sign up for our I Am Love 7 Day Course
- Join our self-love and personal growth group on Facebook
“Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
In the comments below, let me know another way you show love to yourself.